- How to play
The game will continue to play behind the scenes and any bets you have placed will stand. If you 'continue' you can still return to the game by selecting the game tab above.
Texas Hold'em is a spread betting version of the classic poker game. It's played with a single deck of cards and the object is to create the best five-card hand using 7 cards. Up to 5 players can play at any one time: your hand and 1-4 robots. You bet on the performance of your hand and are offered a revised price prior to each of the five rounds of betting. And remember, if you don't like the look of your hand, don't fret, you can back yourself to lose as well as win.
The first thing you need to know is that there are five betting opportunities:
- Betting Blind: A price is generated before any cards are dealt
- Hole Cards: You are dealt two cards and a new price is generated
- The Flop: Three cards are dealt on the table and a new price is generated
- The Turn: a fourth card is dealt on the table and a new price is generated
- The River: a final fifth card is dealt to the table and a final price is generated
Your hand will be awarded 100 points for winning (in the event of a tie the 100pt winning element is shared out amongst all the tied players) and further bonus points for the quality of the hand (as illustrated below). For example your hand could win with a flush and get 170 points or your hand could lose with 3 of a kind and get 50 points.
|One Pair||10 points|
|Two Pairs||25 points|
|Three of a Kind||50 points|
|Full House||100 points|
|Four of a Kind||200 points|
|Straight Flush||400 points|